Originally Posted by Neil
It sounds like you have a new crank, but I had a machinist tell me BB mopar cranks have a rep for being out of square on the throws so the piston deck height can vary from hole to hole when you check them. He index grinds them to cure that.

I had a block decked once and had to have it redone by another shop as out of square was the best work the first shop was capable of. Some people make a living getting things close enough and hope you never check their work. Live and learn.

I had to get "squared" my block 4 times on diff machine shops... last time IT SEEMS finally got it right, but KB pistons leaving around .040 out of the holes... nice HUH????!!!! so now that block can be used just for stock pistons and shorter pushrods ( yes I know cometic gaskets can be used same as the Felpro Copper shim along with a composite gasket but didn't want to be depending on special parts being outside USA ).

Had to get another block and it seems one side is with pistons .017-9 down the hole, and the other into the .015-6 range... that's enough for me.

Last edited by NachoRT74; 12/18/19 04:57 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela