Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
You're also assuming that those Eagle rods are 6.76" long too. If they are like all the other Eagle rods I've seen, they needed to be resized to be useable...which will change their length slightly.

I bought the eagle crank, eagle rods and Mahle pistons þhrough a good machine shop here in Sweden just because i know things need to be checked up, this shop also building their own engines and has been doing drag racing since the 70's, they go under name Ppm racing, they check everything up for proper clearance and do the resizing if needed, they also balance the whole rotation within 1 gram and that really feels in the engine, no shaking there i can say, its running great. I have building this engine with no rush and everything is checked more than once, that the deck is slightly higher i did know about but i not care about it because the deck is straight and i not wanted more compression ratio, its good now for pump gas around 10,04:1static and 8,05:1dynamic, the main bore is also straight to the deck and so on, its a healthy block. The engine fired right up for cam break in 25 minutes on 2-2500rpm and has now 400 problem free miles on it. I only asked if it is common that the deck height vary, lower, higher than it theoretical should bee after specs, that the decks on some blocks are not straight i know of but this one is straight but only slightly higher OR it can also bee that the manufactor of the piston has caunting their compression height on slightly lower deck height to leave margin to the customer.