I just got my new Muscle Car Review and Hot Rod in the mail yesterday. The MCR is January 2020 and I assume that will be the last one?
I was really looking forward to seeing their coverage of last months MCACN which would have come out in a few more months. My subscription runs through May so at least I was down to only 4 issues left in my subscription.
Long time subscriber and I am sad to see it go. I hope Hemmings Muscle Machines and Classic Car are able to keep going. Hemmings recently shut down their import and sports car magazine and combined it with Classic Car. I wonder if the time will come where they end up combining Muscle Machines with Classic Car.
I really don't think the issues going on with the magazine industry mean the automotive hobby is dying. I think it's a reflection of the change to the digital age. I have millennial coworkers who think it's amusing I still subscribe to a Chicago print newspaper. They get all their news online. I look at news online too, but it isn't the same as looking at an actual newspaper to me. Apparently that means I am a old dinosaur. Santa5