I don't want to (re)read through everything you've posted, but have a few questions:

1. What about your current converter do you think needs to be changed? If it flashes to 5K+ and only has 6% slippage, it sounds better than my Dynamic 9.5" with a 4500-flash and 8% slippage. And the fact that two well-respected converter companies suggested you not mess w/ the converter ought to carry some weight, IMO.

2. Have you considered changing to a clutch-type fan setup since the flex-flan has obviously cost you some significant HP? It won't free up as much as an all-electric fan setup, but it'll get some of what you lost back. The "old reliable" MP viscous fan kit works well.

3. I don't know what else you've done for testing carb jetting, but the AFRs in the high 13s you mentioned on mostly 93E10 fuel sound really lean to me. Have you tried bigger jets to see if the car slows down with an AFR closer to say 13.0? Oh, any chance your fuel system can't supply enough fuel on the top end?

4. What are you running for valve springs, retainers, pushrods, etc., and how do you have the springs set up given the lift you have? I'm wondering if you may be running into valve train instability at higher RPM...

5. Are you having any spinning issues off the line? Is the car launching hard & straight?

6. Has any of your tuning involved changing accel pump squirter sizes and/or pump cams, in addition to changing launch RPMs? Are you fighting any hesitation, etc.?

My $.02 (and sh!t-can it if you want) is that you haven't spent enough time figuring out the current combination of hard parts to know why the car isn't running where "everyone" seems to expect it should.

Part of why I mention this is because your earlier time slips from the new BB vs your old stroker SB showed the BB combination was better everywhere but the last 660'. It had a better 60, it was quicker & faster in the 1/8th, but it gave it all back on the last half of the track. That makes no sense to me, unless there's an issue that's choking it on the big end.

And now I'll go back under my rock and work on my own junk.