I tried to post this last night before my computer, ISP, locked up after typing on it for over 30 minutes and loosing it all, that went just like my weekend whiney
I left early Friday morning with a planned stop in Klamath Falls to buy some NP 833 parts from a tranny shop down there, I forgot to bring my driving instruction sheet with the shop phone number on it, I have a old flip phone so no help on getting driving directions from it. I tried to find it from my memory but missed it so Iended up having to call my wife for help and finally found the shop 1/2 hour later, loaded up the parts and headed out of the parking lot next door and ran over something big I didn't see that crunch the right front wheel and tire on the car trailer realcrazy
I had to drive about five miles before I could pull over to look at it and then drive another five miles to get to a place I could safely change it.
Drove onto Sacramento with nothing bad happening until about 20 miles north of Sacramento to run into stop and go traffic jam north of the airport which went on for about 15 miles, lost around 40 minutes in that to have it happen again when I got into north Sacramento due to the Friday afternoon traffic rush rant Finally got off the freeways to end up getting lost due to missing a street sign I needed to turn east on, another 30 minutes lost stopping twice to get directions and finding the track rant
$50.00 fee for a 4 hour test and tune shock It was almost dark so I ended up not unloading the car but I did leave the trailer with the car in it and ended up getting to the hotel around 9:30 PM and checked in, while I was doing that that a tour bus pull in with around 50 non English speaking tourist from Asia, not sure which country, maybe Japan which filled the lobby up bad enough to make it really hard to get from my truck with my luggage up to my room on the second floor shruggy Not a good start whistling
I went to the track Saturday morning well before the gates open to find out that I had park my trailer in a car show arena so strike two, moved it and got it in line for tech before they started time trails but I had to argue with the track owner wanting to charge anyone who was running time only(fun run, no class for electronic cars) another $50.00 above the pre entry fee of $40.00 shruggy
I have had issues with this car this year having ignition issues that will make it kick back against the starter and back fire through the carb, now and then, not all the time. I had change the distributor thinking that was it and that seemed to fix it until I was ready to start it in the staging lanes, car ran over a second slow and 10 MPH slow, didn't leave worth a hoot and so on. Had trouble getting it started on the return road so I decided to check the timing again in the pits and ended up having the 12 V lead from the timing light ground out against the hot wire to the battery in the trunk after I got it started , it smoked that wire all the way back to the battery cut off switch ending my day, strike three rant I tried starting it after disconnecting that burnt up wire but no luck down
I did get to meet and talk to several members on here, Keith Richards, Shiloh and several others members on here that I'm not able to remember there names now blush
I needed to turn my truck and trailer around so I could use the winch to load the car but some street racer had decided to park his new Challenger in my pit space blocking my car after I had walked up to talk to Shilow several pit space away from mine in the same row which ended adding some more frustrations to my great weekend of racing whistling
The only good thing that came out of the trials and tribulation is I remember that if I don't have some bad times now and then I forget to enjoy the good times, man am I ready for them grin
I think my ignition problem may be related to me running the charging wire next to the magnetic pick up wires from the distributor in the cockpit, I will reroute the new charging wire far away from them this time luck
One more race schedule locally next weekend of so I'm hoping to have it I fixed and run a new best in the 1/8 mile, 5.50 hopefully at or above 120 MPH luck
RANT OFF grin
I'll update off the last post on here scope

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 09/14/19 12:51 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)