Originally Posted by Mr.Yuck
what is the car being used for? If you aren't frag racing dropping the hammer at 6k the 8.75 will be fine. If it makes you feel safer back brace it. Looks like a road racing car, a dana adds weight. My old 440-6 Charger went 11.20's @ 121+ had a 8.75 and 3.91's no issues at all. That was much more than 450...not too mention the added torque of a 440.

Well it’s a car that is a “jack of all trades and a master of none”. It has a full interior and tips the scale at 3900 lbs. Once a year on the strip and once on an auto cross. Never slicks. Has to be suited for out of state road trips. It is not shown at car shows but frequents regional cruise ins. It sometimes gets hammered pretty good on the streets when the coast is clear. It needs to gain the respect of serious car people whether at Mopar events, the Hot Rod Power Tour or Good Guys.

The hp and tq of the current small block will be increased to the goal of 450 for each power measurement hopefully after the rear end improvement. I am slow about making improvements since it is just a hobby but I will spend a little more dough to make the improvement the right one and not cheap out.

‘72 Charger, 5.9 Magnum, Tremec 5 spd., Pro-Touring
‘14 Big Horn, Quad Cab, 4x4, 1500