Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Any of the available heads can easily make 500 HP, even the lowly 03-08 5.7 open chamber heads. For a budget though I would get eagle heads, flow like a full ported early head and don't cost hardly any more with the added benefit of small closed chambers. Get a good cam, the tall intake and good long tube headers and an eagle head on an early short block should make 500 easily.

This is what I'm thinking is the easiest introduction into the Gen 3 world. Based on everything I've seen so far, the 500 number seems to be attainable. As a benefit, it should make a bit more steam than my current 440 with the added benefit of losing a bit of nose weight and the ability to move to a 904 with less reciprocating loss.

Initially was worried about piston and rod longevity, but it appears that people are hammering them with boost / nitrous and they seem to live.

Any idea what the loss would be using Jeep SRT manifold's vs long tubes?

Originally Posted by 392Hemi
there have been more than one example of what to do with these motors to make some steam. Dustin "Triple threat" built a very reliable bullet that can be driven on the street. a lot of other guys chimed in on his build and did compares. no need to do Eddy heads get the eagles for under $900 have them looked at maybe up grade springs and bolt them on and have fun.

the thread is called My Bracket Build

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...7/my-bracket-hemi-build.html#Post1970437

Just my two cents

I've read through Dustin's build in the past. However this is way beyond what I'm trying to accomplish.

Last edited by KDY; 07/24/19 08:16 AM.