That’s disappointing to hear but I really appreciate the feedback. They are in the stock location for the ‘89 dakota which as far as I know is not exactly known to tear up the dragstrip. A thirteen second pass won’t hurt my ego and the truck is a blast to drive. So maybe I’ll see what it does how it is and either start making changes or just be happy if I scoot it down the track safely a few times and have fun. After I have more seat time I can decide if I want to start re-working the rear suspension and keep making passes in it, or just enjoy it as a warmed up street cruiser.

What would you do? I’d like to find somebody with scales and weigh the truck including total and each corner. Then I would know which springs to pick. Then I’d have to decide what to do with the suspension- leafs 002/003? 002/002? Or the stiffer B body super stock springs? With a more upright shock angle? Parallel 4 link with coilovers or bags and shocks? Or triangulated 4 bar setup? It’d have to be stout to hold 500+ ft/lbs so no cheap parts on a 4 link. And it’s already set up for A-body super stock length springs so I could just change the shock angle if that’s the problem and SS springs are not that expensive.

I did already pull the trigger on a set of drag radials but I didn’t buy any shocks yet.