Ok..sorry for the delay. I have a 5.7 swap into a ramcharger that ate up most of my night but had the car warmed up and dropped into gear with help so I could get a vacuum number.

All the advise about swapping the dist. leads. Thank you...it does make a difference but still wants 50.

More carb info..

The secondary set screw is facing down. I can get to it with a 90 degree screwdriver.

Air bleeds are 24 and 70. I have dont the follow with them.
1, removed them completely, no difference.
2 plugged them with wire, also ...no difference.

Right now..after drilling blades and setting transfer slots on secondaries I have 1400 rpm in neutral and 9 hgs of vacuum, in gear warm I have 1000 rpm and 6 hgs vacuum.

The idle screws actually do respond now and I am about a turn out. (The air bleeds still do not respond)

One unfortunate new happening since drilling blades is it will not start without a few squirts. It used to re fire hot no problem, now I have to saturate it to get it lit.

So on the way here for the weekend are

A pickup coil for the msd
Another intake gasket set
And trying to find a leak down tester

Anyone want to walk me through a leak down check? Never done one..dont know what I'm looking for and dont realky trust everyone on you tube that has a camera

I am thinking of having the intake cut a bit to help it nest better.

Also wondering ..if my leak down proves my rings are healthy ...what can I cut off these heads to help get the compression up? I really am in the hole as with everything i bought already..i really cant spring for new heads this year. I'd like to get this thing out this summer.