As noted in previous post, I determined the places that my covers were leaking,,,,oddly with the superperformance gaskets on head side of gasket whereas other brands leaked between valve cover and gasket,,,,not using sealer except a very small amount at bottom rear of valve cover on valve cover side of gasket.

I now have throughly cleaned the head ‘ridge’ with carb cleaner and from rear of head going forward about 10 inches, I ran a bead of permetex black silicone. I hate using this stuff except where necessary because of the bear of removing pans, valve covers etc.

Nevertheless for now, no leaks. I do agree that my Mopar Performance valve covers are likely a culprit here, however also believe that Edelbrock should look at their valve gasket ‘ridge’. It maybe adequate for the front of the head for sealing,,,,but because of a greater tendency to ‘pool’ at the rear the ‘ridge’ needs a bit of refinement. Yes I do now understand that heads are switchable from side to side,,,so Edelbrock should refine both ends. Photos of gasket imprints show very well how narrow they are where as the ‘ridge’ curves upward and this is pooling caused leaks in my case occur.