Again, thanks for the info. I've never done more than cap\rotor replacement on a Mopar distributor.

Sounds like I may be just as well off to rebuild this one. Looking at my distributor a little closer I found about .015" play axially, so definitely need shims if .005" is the spec. I also see where the pivot for the top plate is and yes, it's not concentric. Looks like the geometry could still have been set up a little better.

The other slop I was referring to is the engagement of the distributor shaft into the oil pump drive. Not sure what might be considered excessive, but seems like this could cause issue as well.

So, guess I'll just get a new pickup coil and some shims. I will also look into the GM HEI module, but just want to get her back on the road asap. If I do the GM module, what becomes of all the extra wiring for the resistor and box?

So, to recap here... I need a .010" shim, new pickup coil (any particular supplier or brand?), and file. Having to file seems like a really bad QA\design problem, but I'll check. And I may start gathering parts for an HEI conversion later.

Oh, and would definitely be interested in blue printing.

Last edited by closer9; 04/21/19 10:10 AM.

Daily:
'19 Frontier 4WD
Belle:
'67 Belvedere Convertible, 318/727 in Go ManGo!
Other:
'64 C10, 283/3 on the tree