Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by second 70
I can't be the only one who has to remove the shock to get the valve cover off am I? LOL

Even with studs removal sucks.

Nope, I forgot to mention that I have to take the shock loose and push the shock stud down out the way.

I'm waiting on parts and decided to revisit this today. Good news! The valve covers come off relatively easy. Bad news, I have a few questions:

• I didn't like the breathers that came on my valve covers. I removed the tube that was welded to the cover and plan to replace it with a puch in style breather/gromet. However, the hole is a little large. Is there an oversized grommet or will I have to fab something?
  • What is the "trick" for spark plugs? I've had these in/out a few times and it's painful! I have to carefully spin by hand with lube and/or anti seeze trying to thread in straight. They always feel like they are cross-threading! The heads are Indy SR. I currently have 7 of the 8 in good, but left one loose as I got tired of trying to make it happy; knowing that it would have to come out later when I revisit the valve cover.

The tube I removed:
[Linked Image]

The new "hole:"
[Linked Image]

Kind of "if-ie" from the builder:
[Linked Image]

smile
[Linked Image]

Need something bigger:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by gsmopar; 03/18/19 12:26 PM.