Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
Just curious, but why Vikings? Can Vikings be rebuilt/ revalved when the time comes?
.. because a pair of double adjustable Viking shocks for 400$ will probably do the job.. I ran them on my car with great success. I recently switched to menscer a great shock but $500 each.. pick your poison.. but don't tell me a single adjustable is as good as a double

100% FACT. Why anyone would ever argue for a single adjustable shock is beyond me. But to argue that a 90/10 shock is anything but a museum piece is just crazy.

Would you buy a carb or EFI that could only be tuned either rich, richer, richest? Nope. But I'll buy a shock that is that worthless.

Makes no sense to me.

You may be right, I sorta think your logic is narrow minded. The right part for every car and every enthusiast isn’t always the most expensive one, nor the most sophisticated one. Are double adjustable shocks more adjustable? Duh.... Are they always the best investment for the 10-second bracket racer? Maybe not. Either way, my money says Every Dragstrip USA is littered with cars with non-adjustable 90/10 front shocks that work really well, win races, and there’s probably plenty of them that are faster than the guy next to them in the staging lanes with $500 double adjustables......

So what other parts on your car would you accept with limited adjustability? I mean really, a carb that is only partially tuneable? Or a cam that can't be degreed? Or a suspension you can't tune?

It's not myopic to think that a 90/10 shock is anything other than a relic. Period. The last Vikings I bought were $185.00 each shipped. That's $740.00 shipped for 4 shocks that can be tuned independently for bump and rebound. To me, that's cheap money. I won't even do more than mention most guys aren't capable of tuning shocks anyway, so maybe I am myopic.

BTW, dirt bike have had double adjustable suspensions since the late 1980's and yet car guys still don't get it.

Also BTW, neither myself no anyone else suggested the OP drop big dope in Big Guns, Mencscers, Santhuffs or anything like that. Just simple DA Viking shocks. He crazy thing is Viking doesn't even make a SA shock because they don't see the point. Nether do I. I have a cousin fighting his SA shocks when I told him NOT to waste money on them. He is struggling. I told he to call me back when he gets a real shock and not until then.

There is a difference between value and just plain wasting money.

Last edited by madscientist; 02/03/19 12:01 AM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston