Originally Posted By 6bblgt
just like a number of the MOPAR "program" cars ('69 M-codes, Superbirds, etc.) the SPD was common & not much reflection of when they were actually produced

they (R0/W0) all have "212" (Sunday 2/12/67) Scheduled Production Dates
it appears they were actually released/built starting about a week later & in at least 6 batches running into the first weeks of April

Absolutely correct. There does not appear to be any particular number as to how many were built in each batch, but the order appears to be Plymouth/Dodge/Plymouth/Dodge...Etc from what I can tell. I know the VIN sequence does not relate to the actual production sequence, but there is quite a large gap from the lowest serial number to the highest that I have found (16,000 #'s). There are quite a few sequentially VIN'd cars though.

Quote:

R023J71206022 was in CA a number of years ago & "restored" as an automatic car - it was originally a 4-speed car. the owner didn't know any race history and claimed Chrysler Historical didn't have the IBM info/pic/file for this particular car, is that common?

I think it's more related to laziness with the Chrysler Historical staff. twocents

Quote:

were any additional cars made for Canada or are the 55 cars for "ALL" production?

No, the 55 number does include any cars shipped to Canada. There were a few Plymouths that went North from what I have found.