I wasn't quite patient enough to dig up this thread every time I wanted to post something to it so it is spread out, somewhat.
Here is a consolidated thread list:

lower end assembly notes
Cross bolts=cross studs
Damper, FEAD, Plug wires, intake manifold and related comments
Cylinder head and valvetrain comments
Godzilla Lives: Excitement

That said: On with the ancient history

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone loves pics, right? lol...Mine aren't the best, but it's just for fun and I have nothing to prove....just trying to keep some content happening in a world seemingly filled with distractions.

Won't bore everyone with the story of how this came to be, but I've been very slowly collecting parts for a long time. The project stopped and started several times but the basic concept lived on (the concept is nothing detailed: a Great big dumb hemi, pump gas, not much more) it's close enough now to give it a push.

Right now I'm trying to figure out some of the parts combo but most decisions have been made.

Installed a couple mains to check crank runout + mocked it up without rings to get a visual of internal clearances (rods to cam, rods to block/bottom of cylinders and so on), no issues found.

This is 4.500 and I can definitely see where the next steps up in stroke and/or larger journal rods would start to cause interference...

The Milodon stroker windage tray seems to me kind of...exaggerated...
I know it's supposed to work fine and all just not sure I care for it being quite that far from the crank/just the way it's made. Looking at other options, full length is appealing. Screens and scrapers are appealing. There's definitely no big rush to slam it together.

Planning a tried and true m63hv pump but undecided on oil pickup. If I go external I'm thinking single line static should be all right. I am thinking about using the -12 external port in the block but it seems that runs the fitting pretty close to the lower rad hose.

Few more unanswered questions and decisions to make here and there, it's all part of the fun. But it seems ready to send out for balancing now.

These blocks kept changing all the time. This is one of the earlier blocks before they started tapping the mains for slide hammer...
I gotta remember to drill and tap this one just to make it easier to service. The caps have a slight interference fit to the crossbolt bosses and fit really tight, and you really can't wiggle them around very much to get them out without messing up a dowel.

all for now...

engmockup1.jpgengmockup2.jpgengmockup3.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri