Quote:

That wasn't directed at you , but my other quote may have been ...

You bought the car for the WRONG reason .

And to answer your question , no I wouldn't be racing a car that was worth twice my annual salary. Why because I wouldn't buy one that was that valuable to begin with because I would not be able to ENJOY owning a car like that .

You have NO idea why I bought my cars and for you to make a statement like that... We all bought our cars for different reasons. Some to race, some to just look at, and maybe some for sentimental reasons (had one in high school.. kind of thing). To each his own. I prefer to have stock appearing cars that I can take out for a drive when the weather is nice. And yes I do hammer the throttle every now and then on an open road.

As for your other comment...... I could never afford and have no desire to PURCHASE a car that costs twice my annual income. Some of us who have owned the cars for several years have seen the value of our cars shoot up while our incomes stayed level or even went down the last few years.

Bottom line is......... if a person has a numbers matching hemi cuda vert and wants to install a rollbar and go drag racing, it's his car!! If this same person wants to put his car inside a bubble and build block walls around it, it's his car!! That is the issue here. The original posted simply asked others opinions about racing his car. We are simply pointing out the potential financial risks he takes if he does. If he wants to go racing despite that...... it's his car. There is no need to make fun of, belittle or look down upon a fellow mopar person just on the basis of how he treats his car. Whenever I see a nice Cuda all cut up with tubs and rollcage at the dragstrip, I think to myself, what a shame. But if the owner of that car comes over to my house and sees my cars all under covers in a climate controlled garage, you know what he's thinking? What a shame.........