Sometimes these things are pretty irritating. Through the years, Chrysler has changed the color of the wires at terminal ends. One color on one side of the connector, and a different color connects to it on the other 1/2 of the connector. I believe it probably has a lot to do with who supplied the specific harness, and the color could have changed during a model year, or after a model year. It can make things pretty complex. About the only thing you can do is use an Ohm meter and check the column harness to see where each wire ends up on the switch itself. You will need to make a diagram you understand, so you know how to orientate it to the other connector. Then label each wire on your diagram as to where it goes. Hopefully the wires in the column harness are in the correct location in the connector as the wires that match the correct color on the wiring diagram you are using. As much of a pain as that is, its probably the only way to get it right.

I have a lot of wiring experience. Don't let this get you down, sometimes its hard for the seasoned guys as well. I'm messing with a Mopar cruise control system for my old car. The factory cruise functioned pretty much the same for several years. The wiring I have available between the servo, the brake switch, and the off/on/resume and set switch uses different color wires at every connection. To make things even more fun, one connection has 4 wires, and its mate has 4 wires, both parts use the same 4 colors for the wires on both sides of the connector, but each color has a different function on the other end of the connector. The wires are (or were, I won't say who may have messed them up) in the correct location in the connector, but the white wire does not connect to the white wire, it connects to a blue wire. The other blue wire connects to a yellow wire, The other yellow wire connects to, well, you get the idea. To make matters worse, neither group of color wires did the same function as the matching color of wires in the wiring diagram I was using. After I finally figured out the wiring harness, I had 3 bad switches in a row. The cruise still does not function, after the bad switches, I decides I didn't need cruise right now.

Good luck with your turn signal switch. Gene