Miller just released a multiprocess 220 that had ac and hi freq. but it’s almost 3,000. That’s a lot. I would still rather have separate machines myself. I don’t like the idea of switching it over all the time.
As far as buying a big name vs something like harbor freight or everlast, I bought the Hobart handler 10 years ago on a sale I think it just came out. Hobart is owned by the same company as miller. They are supposedly assembled right in the same building. Use a lot of them same parts they just cut costs in a few areas. Was going for like 1,000 on sale brought it down to 800 and it came with a few extras.
I just decided to sell it and my HYPERTHERM Plasma cutter. I figured the Hypertherm would go right away and I’d have to drop the price on the Hobart mig. The mig sold in a couple Days and I was getting non stop emails. Guy didn’t even haggle. I sold it for 600$, in 10 years I lost 200$. I feel if it was a lesser name I would have had to give it away. The Hypertherm, I bought from a guy but it was never used. I think I had it about the same time, I got exactly what I bought it for.
With some of these rebates you really can’t go wrong. The kid that works with me just bought the Lincoln multiprocess, I think it’s the 210mvp. Something like that. It had a 433$ rebate.