Consider the features you may (or may not) need, now or in the future. Wide range of ac frequency and balance: many are limited. Adjustable gas pre and post flow: many are preset. Spot welding feature: you can use the pedal to simulate, but if you're going to hang body panels, it might be useful. Watch out for lower quality, non Miller and Lincoln protocol attachments. (Gas connections, current connections). Finally, warranty and reputation. I've owned both Miller (Syncrowave 180 transformer), and currently, Lincoln Squarewave Tig 200 (inverter). Close to a year, and it's perfect for me. I've used it successfully on both 110 and 230. I don't have one bad thing to say, except, the power cord and argon gas line are stiff plastic, that suck in my unheated garage. The pedal and torch are excellent quality. HOWEVER, I DO wish it has a wider range of ac freq and balance (It hasn't been a problem, but, it would be a good experience, to be able to apply different settings to different materials and joints), and adjustable pre/post gas flow. The gas flow valve isn't cheap, but the adjustment is herky jerky. Once it's set, it's fine. BUT, as the wish list grows, price goes up. This seems to be where the off shore units complete. As mentioned, check out Jody, members here, and then do some shopping. Good luck!