Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
I can take off from a dead stop as slow or as fast as I want. I can cruise along at say 25-35 mph at 1500 just fine, but I can't mash the pedal unless it's 1900 or above or it will lag. If it was an auto it wouldn't matter. It's a stump puller from 1900 and up.

Any sort of spirited driving and none of this noticeable as the engine is on its powerband.

Degreed it at 107 (that was straight up) then when I was in there for another reason I decided to advance it 2 degrees just for the hell of it. It lowered the powerband by about 100 rpm.

If i were to get 3.55 or 3.73 that would help alot with the low rpm lugging correct? I know for sure im getting one of those two, just dont know which yet. Anyone have opinions on rear end gears?

Of course, higher rear gear numbers will get you into the powerband much faster. Your overdrive gives you the option to select rear gears that you otherwise wouldn't be happy with.

You may even find yourself skipping shifts--I skip 2nd fairly often if it's flat and I'm just leisurely moving along.

Well the overdrive is only in 5th which i wouldnt plan on going to unless i was cruising at ~60 or above