Originally Posted By 383man
Originally Posted By SportF
I see a lot of people changing to dual master without putting in a "safety valve/proportioning valve/shuttle valve". Without that valve controlling the output of the master, you don't have a dual system.

That makes sense but on my 63 the only valve I can add is the safety valve as mine is power drum brakes. It uses no metering valve and a prop valve would only need be in the rear line. And it has no safety valve from the factory being a single drum brake unit. I don't need the safety valve feature as of course I would know if I loose half the brakes by the pedal. My brakes work good as I have it and if I have a prop valve in my rear line the only function the safety valve would do in my setup is turn on a lite on the dash if I wired it in to warn of a fluid loss in one side. I can see on disc/drum of course but don't see it really needed on my setup that I can think of. Ron

You break a front line, say hello to the safety sand at the end of track. The only way a dual master "works" is with that valve. Undo a front line, see if you have brakes, then do a back line, let us know how that works. Make sure you don't run into anything.