Originally Posted By Dduster
Do Yourself a favor and get a MIG Welder with at least 250 in the Model # (scales with the thickness in mils (.001") for material) along with amps available from welder and get a spool gun to go with it. TIG welding aluminum is difficult and doesn't get any easier once You learn how. What do You want to fabricate?

I completely disagree. If you want to weld fast, with limited welding skills, with little regard for weld integrity or cosmetics, mig is the ticket.

If you have patience ( why women often have great tig skills), are willing to practice, and be rather anal on cleanliness ( solvent cleaning, ss sire brush right before welding, brush the tig rod, very clean gloves, etc) Tig is the ticket.

A comment was made earlier about 100% helium, that would not be a good suggestion, I often use a 80/20 Argon/Helium mix as it has better heat for thicker alum items. I use a 625A Miller Syncrowave Tig, my mig machine is used 98%? for steel.

Cover all your exposed skin, skin cancer is a [censored].

OP, I see worthy progress, be careful about grading your own welds until have broken a few.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.