Originally Posted By sgcuda
I have been brushing with a SS brush, but it was a Harbor Freight piece in the $1 bin, so quality might be questionable. It seems that there are a lot of personal choices on gas. I'm guessing that a lot of it has to do with technique. I have been using straight Argon, but also have a Ar/CO2 mix that I've been using for my Mig. Maybe I'll try using that.
I immediately noticed that welding steel is a very quiet, gentle process. Aluminum, I'm guessing it has to do with using A/C, is very noisy and seems to be a pretty angry burn. At least it's my perception. I think I'm backing out of the pedal to make it feel like welding steel, but what I am really doing is killing the heat and losing the puddle. I need to learn how to "Stay into the gas pedal". Lol!
And another thing I noticed, aluminum might dissipate heat faster, but it sure does transfer the heat to the rest of the material faster. I can feel it pretty well through the gloves.

Are you shaping the tungsten into a ball for the aluminum? A/C will always make more noise.

I forget how much more I'm paying for helium but it want enough to bother me.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston