Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
There are plenty of 600hp 3500-3700lb street cars that won’t run a “ten”.

Wrong gears, wrong suspension, wrong tires, wrong converter, poor driving technique, etc.

And that doesn’t even take into account it may not have a good tune, or have adequate fuel delivery, etc.

Making the 600-700hp is the easy part.
The combo outlined in the opening post will easily do it.

10’s....... also relatively easy....... if no compromises to the gears, converter, tires, fuel system, etc, are involved.

Each “streetability” compromise is a bit of time added to the slip.

If every combo ran exactly what the owner thought it should, there wouldn’t be any of those “help me get my car to ET better” threads(and I wouldn’t get as many phone calls and emails along those same lines).

As an example.....GY3...... 511, cnc ported heads, roller cam...... should be pretty darn close to 600hp.
Car should be in that 3500-3700lb range....... not running 10’s.

Thanks....I think...LOL!

My car is full of compromises for the street as mentioned. Pump gas, Leaf spring suspension, really tight converter, 275 Drag radials, mechanical pump and stock tank, poor weight distribution. Hell, it still has the battery up front in the stock location!

Oddly enough it runs almost exactly (within a tenth) of what Virtual Dyno says it should!

I emphasize all the time it is NOT a racecar! It is, however, very consistent at the track and a real pleasure/comfortable to drive around town.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.