I'll chime in and agree that the cam Hughes suggested might be a bit on the hairy side for a street car. The racer in me who thinks it would be awesome to have 650 plus hp on tap would equate into a mid-10 second car. Is that a goal, maybe... I really like for it to be able to break out of 11.00, maybe it's unrealistic. Reality is, the car might see the track 2 or 3 times a year and will spend most of its time driving the Oklahoma freeway system at 75 mph and suburban areas to get to and from car shows and cruises.

In the past I've driven a 440 A-body with a 245* cam and a bunch of lift and thought it drove just fine with the exception of it not having any overdrive as that car was a 4:10 geared car with 27 inch tires.

I expect the cruise RPM to fall between 2200 and 2500 rpm which for me is tolerable. Hell, my 2008 6.1 hemi powered Jeep JKU has 5.38 gears and cruises at 2700 rpm.

GY3, I will definitely come for a visit to check out your car and go for a ride... I'd just love to meet a fellow mopar guy. Pretty far and few in the OKC area.

I'm not dead set on this cam choice but I can say it had me smiling ear to ear just thinking about how it might sound sitting at a stop light. IN the end, I do want a reliable car that is somewhat edgy but manageable to drive. I'd like for my wife to be able to hop in the car, turn the key and drive to the store if she so chose to do.