Originally Posted By mopar dave
Just trying the rc9yc as i used to see a few racers on here recommend that plug. Thought i would give it a try. Back in the 70's as a kid i always used champion plugs in my dirt bike. They lasted longer without fouling than the ngk would. Didnt chryslers used to come from the factory with champions in them? Ngk got there crap together and now make a good plug and their cheap.

This made me LOL real hard!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My folks bought my first dirt bike for me in August 1972 (damn near caused a divorce because my mom didn't want me and my brother riding dirt bikes...we already playing tackle football and did all the crazy things we did back then...but I held my ground and won out) and that's when I started learning how to read plugs. It's been a life long learning experience.

I've read plugs on everything except injected nitro and blown nitro. When we were old enough to ride with our friends and the old man was too old to ride, I started asking anyone riding with us what bike they had. That way I could buy a Champion plug for the bike. I'd tape it to the handle bar. Sometimes I'd have 3 or 4 pugs taped on the bars.

You just KNEW one or two of those guys would foul a plug 25-30 miles from the truck. They'd be pissed, and say that was a brand new plug for this ride. Id swap in a Champion and we'd finish the ride.

Back at the truck, I'd make then pull my plug and give it back.

That happened more times than I can count. I've been using Champion plugs since 1972. I no longer ride, but my brother still does. And when he rides with people he doesn't know...he brings Champion plugs for them.

I can read NGK plugs, but I'm not a fan. If you are paying me to do your tune up, we start with a fresh set of Champions and tune from there.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston