Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to start burning up my credit cards available balance by ordering parts for my RB based stroker that I am building for my HOT street orientated 72 Road Runner.

The plan is to be well in the 650-700 HP range at the crank and still be able to drive it to the mall or have the wife grab groceries. Maybe I am reaching high but I bet it's doable.

I was sold on the 512 kit with a set of Trick Flow 240 heads and a Hydraulic Roller cam topped with Fast FI for drivability. Then I kept scrolling down the 440 Source webpage and the CU IN numbers kept getting bigger penguin My question is it worth going to the 528 vs the 512? So much its worth the effort of having to install external plumbing for the oil pick up? With the longer stroke of the 528, I'd expect it to be a very strong motor producing gobs of torque but will it fall on it's face over 5500 RPM?

Has anybody built a 440 Source 528 and have something to share about it?

A little about the car: The Car is a full Rotisserie resto/mod car with mini tubs, spring relocation and Caltracs. Dana 60 with 3.91 gears. Auto trans not yet decided on, possibly the 200R4 conversion or a 4l80E if I decide to hack up the tunnel.

This car will have full interior, PS/PB and the creature comforts of A/C to boot.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Wisdom?

Thanks

Pete

Last edited by MrMayhem; 07/16/18 05:57 PM.