Originally Posted By MRGTX
Originally Posted By krautrock
If you rotate the rear cams out some you will lose some more negative camber, but also lose some caster too. It's all a balancing act.

It's hard to tell from the pic how aggressive that neg. camber actually is, it's a weird angle...

Ok...but I thought it was the other way around. Adding caster moves camber in positive direction, more negative camber= less caster??

Originally Posted By autoxcuda
1/2 to 1 1/2 negative camber depends on how many miles driven

3 up to 5 positive caster

1/16” toe in

And large carpenters “L square” is helpful to set a rough camber before the trip to the alignment shop. Measure difference from top and bottom of 15” rim edge. 1 degree is 0.26” difference. 1/2 degree is half that distance: 0.13”

Thanks yet again, autoxcuda for sharing your wisdom. I'll keep that on a card in my pocket for whenever I can get to the shop. laugh

Too much negative camber has obvious drawbacks but what's the downside to too much positive caster?

Just remember 1/4” to get one degree

Too much caster is some debate on that. Just everyday driver ho-hum car could get tire wear from over 3 deg caster.

I think over 6 degree is no difference. Also caster changes increases/changes scrub radius. There’s some weight jacking from it you see on a set of scales. Depending on your setup, that could be bad or good.