I roughly tried to figure approx how many real street runs I put on my three 86-87 gn-s when new and easily I came up with over 2k runs easily.

Yep, there was alot of warranty work done but we started to mod them the day we got them home and other then the cat system we had to swap back on the dealers loved it.

In our group of fifty or so that would race at least five nights a week, approx racking up 200 miles a night my 86 that ran true 12.6-12.9s with simple mods and m@h racemaster cheater tires. 0-60 times were in the 4.5,4.6-4.7, probably could of done better but the m@h tires would slide the fronts with anymore then 6-7 pounds of boost. on nights it was -5 out they would be rockets.

You got to remember that most strong mopars that were street racers were in the 12-s and it was semi rare to find a real fast one.

The turbo dodges were never a threat but there wasnt many around either.

We were not racing the wrong cars, we raced all comers that were not bracket cars that came in on a trailer.

Only a good modded 5.0 or a 85/86 stick vette was a worry and the vette guys, even the ones that could drive right could only hang close.

No they were not 10-11 second cars but for the time period and the couple years they were new and fresh they were the hot ticket. Day in day out like todays modern cars you could go run after run over and over, the older junk could not.

But they were a fun car in a fun time period.

Whatever opinions folks have are all valid, but on this topic I was there day in day out and know how the other cars ran. My modded 86 only got beat on the streets by actual street cars when I messed up the launch, too low of boost or too much and smoked the tires off. We simply would not run against race cars that came on on a trailer.

The turbo mopars ran well but not well enough at that time, a modded conquest tsi was the better mopar/import based runner.