Originally Posted By MI_Custumz
I've always wondered how the condition really is on the low mile time capsules. I know the interior, paint, and such are in excellent condition. But what about dry rot on the rubber items, fluids breaking down or going bad, and other things. I would guess if kept out of sunlight, the rubber may be fine, but fluids go bad after so many years don't they? Wouldn't parts that need lubricated go bad after a while?

The brakes scare me on those cars. I used to be an engineer at the company that made Raybestos/United brake parts, and we had some sort of agreement with Delco to manufacture the complex "Powermaster" brake master cylinder assemblies for the aftermarket and Delco. This agreement started in the 90s or maybe 2000. At some point before I left in 2005 the supplier for a switch used on these said they didn't want to supply the switches anymore due to low volume. And shortly after I left, the investment group who'd bought the company started shutting down the US plants and moving production to Chinese and other Asian sources.
They were only used on GNs, GNXs and some full size GM wagons, so they were low volume. Does anyone sell Powermasters any more, either rebuilt or new? Is there a retrofit available with a conventional master and vacuum booster?
I had a 90 Thunderbird back in the 90s with a similar design hyrdrobooster master design made by Teves. Great car but I'd be scared to own one today fearing that thing would go bad on me someday.
This is why I question if cars from recent decades will become long term collector cars. They have so many complex parts and computers it may be very difficult to keep them on the road years down into the future!