Originally Posted By RapidRobert
plug the zigzag connector halves back in & see if you have a reading at the ECU connector while spinning it with the scale on low AC volts then see if you have continuity with the scale on low ohms (no spinning needed) & always a good idea to pull a batt cable before switching the scale to ohms. See if the blue/yellow terminal at the ECU connector and the coil positive primary connector both have voltage in "run" and in "crank" (pull the yellow wire off of the starter relay to disable the starter), see if the meter chirps.

I tried what you said this weekend and i found that the zigzag con.didn,t make contact when the two halves were toghether.
I replaced it for another zizag conector from an european Ford wiring that i had around here.
Now i have spark but the engine does not start.

I had an small fire on the engine bay some weeks ago.It afected to the dist.connector its wires,and also burned the distributor cap.
I "fixed" the connector&wires using heat shrink and i put an old dist cap that i had.
The engine used to start until the connector gave up the ghost,but i noticed that the dist did need to be advanced a lot for starting.