I admit I do the no-no and start in 1st. But I do run an LBA valvebody and only just get the tires turning before moving to 2nd while holding it at about 4500 still on the line lock, then into 3rd and let it start to move along, easing out of the brakes I typically git it a little more R’s to keep it moving. I can usually feel the tires start to grab at that point and I let out of it and bring it to a stop. I run my line lock backwards to lock out the rears, so I have full control of the front brakes as it starts moving forward. With an automatic, that just makes so much more sense to me.

As it rolls out I let out of it and put the car on my line as I come to a stop. I always check my gauges at that point, turn off the line lock and turn on the 2-step and the aux. fuel pump. Then move into the pre-stage beams.

I read someone say they “clear the carb” in neutral after the burnout. I believe this unloads the sprag, which I’ve been told is a bad idea and could put it at risk at launch. And really.... whatever is accomplished by ”cleaning out the carb” is something I don’t understand. I would submit that it accomplishes nothing.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120