In regards to transmission explosion ask your transmission builder. There are to many variables. There's multiple questions you need answers to before someone can answer that question about your transmission. Add in the typical "I've done it for years" "always do this" "never do this" is a recipe for disaster. For example "never do a burn out in first" ok I put my auto shift trans in 2nd and I'll be fine. Nope. Car will start in first. Or I'll tell you what I do. I ALWAYS do my burnout in manual low and ONLY in manual low. My trans has low band apply and is auto shift. Confused yet? This question needs a flow chart! Just a hint of smoke is all you need, unless your car is setup to need some tire slip. The vast majority over heat the tire. Experiment do less and less of a burnout until it spins the tire. In the end its your daughters feet, so I personaly think the blankets survive better. If it was mine I would buy two blankets one for the trans and I would bolt another on the inside on the floor over the tunnel.

Last edited by FurryStump; 10/24/17 02:59 PM.

best of 11.24 at 119 mph 1.60 60’. 68 340 S Barracuda Fastback F.A.S.T [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2mnnnnt.jpg[/IMG]