Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Quote:
Only problem seems to be that FBO's dizzy has to run off manifold vacuum & not port vacuum, so my 383 still detonates at WOT. so gotta figure it out.
what is your total with the can plugged? (initial+ slots). what RPM does the mech adv max out at? Does his dist use the 2.5" OD thin flat $22 plate with the (5) pairs of rectangular slots? or is it just for OE dists? For a solution I would limit the mech adv total and or sub in a heavier spring to slow the rate. As you know it'll take some experimentation. You want to be fairly close to the (pinging) line but absolutely not over it & there is silent ping & peoples' hearing threshold varies so you need a cushion so don't crowd it too close & pinging is extremely damageing so being a bit conservative is a good plan. Holler how it goes.

Robert, thanks for the info & advice. Not to hijack this thread, but I think the detonation may have broken a ring or two since I'm getting a lot of blow by. 97k mile orig motor & had some sludge so after we did the rislone & atf clean a couple of times and some mopar combustion chamber cleaner thought we were good to go, but seems much worse now. SO, after the rebuild is done, I'll use your info. I thought about the Revenator & Firecore combo, but needed to keep the orig look.