Quote:
Only problem seems to be that FBO's dizzy has to run off manifold vacuum & not port vacuum, so my 383 still detonates at WOT. so gotta figure it out.
what is your total with the can plugged? (initial+ slots). what RPM does the mech adv max out at? Does his dist use the 2.5" OD thin flat $22 plate with the (5) pairs of rectangular slots? or is it just for OE dists? For a solution I would limit the mech adv total and or sub in a heavier spring to slow the rate. As you know it'll take some experimentation. You want to be fairly close to the (pinging) line but absolutely not over it & there is silent ping & peoples' hearing threshold varies so you need a cushion so don't crowd it too close & pinging is extremely damageing so being a bit conservative is a good plan. Holler how it goes. EDIT For a BB I would set the total (initial+slots), not with the can, to 36 for a close/good start & I am assuming you are over that now. then work with the springs. if you are less than 36 right now depending on where the springs come in at you may need more octane. I would do a cranking compression test for a baseline #.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 08/26/17 01:58 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth