Originally Posted By TC@HP2
Cobra sized tires are the best match to a wide x wide set up for us muscle car guys.

Dunlop Historics, I think they are around $500 each. At least their interlocked I tread, 295/35x15 are.

Goodyear and Hoosier have a combination of d.o.t. and non-d.o.t. racing tires in radial and bias. Use at your discretion. Although, I'd really like to see them step up with a racing carcass, Z rated, dedicated d.o.t. street tire with 4 ply sidewall in 15" diameters.

As long as they WORK... and work well... i'd try 'em. I'm not concerned about legality. I like that they're bloody light too, being bias... unless ov course that comes at the cost ov reliability on the street/daily driving. I wonder about that. They're almost TEN pounds lighter...

Quote:
Marauder 255/60x15 is 29#. 295 is wider but lower profile, should be similar in weight +/- a pound or two.

My handy dandy notes put a 255/60-15 around 2.5lbs lighter than a 295/50-15... same brand , generation and treadwear (pretty much). I have that in two examples. So if that Marauder 255 is 29, then the 295 is likely around 31.5lbs. Thats actually pretty good. Most new-gen BFG's i've had on the scale are around 31lbs, with good tread. I'd have thought a similar size tire in a better rating would be heavier. 275-60-15 Comp T/A's were noticeably heavier than the same size radial T/A's... Hmmm...

Quote:
MT SR is probably one of the newest carcass design available in 15". The SR line is available in sizes up to 18" diameter wheels. It was designed as a modern foundation for larger diameter wheels and adapted down to 15" sizes so it will behave more like a modern tire. When I spoke to MT about them, they said since it is a specialty tire, they do not provide a tread wear rating for them. They have heard reports of 12-15k miles out of them, which would make them a fairly soft compound. However, they are still a 2 ply sidewall radial design that will flex a fair amount in the 50-60 aspect ratios.

The Cobra guys seem to like 'em, but the real drivers all seem to have the competition-styled tires on. Most Cobra drivers i know are as bad as Mopar guys... puttering around at the speed limit with only rare and short blasts up the tach every now and then (i see a lot ov cheap street tires on these cars). That is not a useful reviewer.