Originally Posted By MuuMuu101
Odds are you probably wouldn't even feel the weight difference between a 15" and 16" wheel (20 lbs 15" vs. 25 lbs 16" wheel). You're forgetting when you swap out a wheel, all of the weight is already closer to its moment of inertia. Given similar tire weights, I calculated only a difference of about 12-13% of power loss. That means if it takes 20 hp to physically spin the tires, the 16" wheel would require 22.6 hp.

However, I just did a quick google search on Maxxis 295/50/16 and all I found was their Bravo line which weighed about 57 lbs (20+ lbs more than the BFG's). Maybe some sort of SUV tire? So, it would have been better to stay with the 15" wheels.

Well... in this project, i'd pay more for that weight savings even if it wasn't unsprung. This is sprung. 6lbs a wheel is a LOT ov weight. A disgusting amount ov weight. I didn't even like cop rims, because they were 28lbs, vs my lightest 24.5lb 7" steelie.

And yeah... nothing good comes from the Maxxis idea, from the very first time i heard about them. If its not one thing, its another. It will never happen. Just had a set ov new 16's locally for $400. THAT...[/i[ might have been worth the dance... but i'm glad they sold. I'll stick with the junkyard BFG's until i can get some real wheels. At least it will [i]LOOK cool...