Cobra sized tires are the best match to a wide x wide set up for us muscle car guys.

Dunlop Historics, I think they are around $500 each. At least their interlocked I tread, 295/35x15 are.

Goodyear and Hoosier have a combination of d.o.t. and non-d.o.t. racing tires in radial and bias. Use at your discretion. Although, I'd really like to see them step up with a racing carcass, Z rated, dedicated d.o.t. street tire with 4 ply sidewall in 15" diameters.

Marauder 255/60x15 is 29#. 295 is wider but lower profile, should be similar in weight +/- a pound or two.

MT SR is probably one of the newest carcass design available in 15". The SR line is available in sizes up to 18" diameter wheels. It was designed as a modern foundation for larger diameter wheels and adapted down to 15" sizes so it will behave more like a modern tire. When I spoke to MT about them, they said since it is a specialty tire, they do not provide a tread wear rating for them. They have heard reports of 12-15k miles out of them, which would make them a fairly soft compound. However, they are still a 2 ply sidewall radial design that will flex a fair amount in the 50-60 aspect ratios.