Originally Posted By RylisPro
Hey Samy! Oh ok now I see why and how you got those scrapes on your tire! It must have been the hardware that is holding the trim on your car right above the fenderwell?
If the cuts are superficial, I wouldn't worry about it. If they are deep and down to the cords then it is a possible hazard. There is no way to tell how deep those cuts are in the pic. It dosen't look like you lost any air pressure so I hope everything is good!

See you at Willow Springs!

Some of the cuts are pretty deep but none of them are to the cords. I don't think the trim studs are the problem. They barely stick out and heck, the passenger side didn't even have a nut (part of the trim was popped out). I just think the car is rolling too much and machining the tire off of the fender lip. My shocks and sway bars are already as stiff as they'll get so maybe (in a year or so) I may need to bump up T-bars (currently 1.06"). That or get a wheel with a larger offset to move it in more. We'll see in the future. As for now, I banged the inner fender lip with a bfh. It didn't do too much. Maybe flare out the fender a little bit. The passenger side had a chunk of the inner fender lip missing where it was sharp at the break. I took a file to it and smoothed that out. So, hopefully that helps.

I also got some new locking washers and grade 8 bolts to replace the hardware that fell off the exhaust manifold.

As for now, I think that's as good as the Dart is going to get. I'm going to have to play Willow by ear and I don't think the race track will be as detrimental to the tires as autocross is.

Pictures of Driver side. Passenger side is similar but not as banged up at top.

Rubbing 1.jpgRubbing 2.jpgRubbing 3.jpg