Originally Posted By RAMM
Originally Posted By MoparBilly[quote=scottb
6k are you kidding me where are you coming up with 6k rockers 1400 intake 350 valves 400 no whereclose to 6k

I think MattW is probably dead on. First, you purchase the heads, then you have them ported and flowed right? Because I've always been told they are ueseless as cast. So what is my bill from Brett Miller or someone when I get them back assembled and ready to bolt on. I'm assuming you would want him to do the intake too right? So now I've purchased an intake and had it flowed. Now I get rockers, valve covers, custom headers, and all the other w-9 specific bits. 6K probably wouldn't cover it all.

MattW would know he has gone down this road. His castings were 1g each with no guides or seats but came CNC ported-thank god. Mr. P-body must not realize that these heads require almost 2k in rockers, W9 intake, W9 headers, You're also not going to put a Ferrea 5000 series valve in a head like this so there's $700 or so in good valves, $300-$400 retainers, $600 good PAC springs, the actual guides, seats, seals, guide installation, guide honing, seat installation, valve job, bowl/throat blending, flow testing (not a one time flow test either), intake porting, head resurfacing to get chambers the way you want. I could go on and on. W9's are bad to the bone for the small wedge but not for a real budget deal. J.Rob [/quote]

I know what I paid.. I built it.. not worth my
time to argue about it.. I guess you dont make
any parts
EDIT
just so we are clear here.. your talking the top end
of the engine, not the lower end
wave

W9_6.jpg
Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 03/25/17 10:55 AM.