Just checked my paperwork. Hard to believe I got my Dr. J's Performance AirWolf 220's on 8/22/13. These were Bryce Mulvey's CNC program ran on Pro Comp castings. Bryce was a great promoter for his product, but a POS as a business man, and many people got screwed on this deal. As such, I can not in good conscience brag about the product.
I was told my heads were from "The second pallet" of castings he received. I have no idea how many heads come on a pallet, and it wasn't long after I got mine that he closed up shop. I would think that means 25 to 35 sets made it out the door at least?

To those who question the quality of the castings: I've completed three Drag Weeks, which means over three thousand street miles, and the engine runs at 210 degrees most of the time, and has survived jaunts of fifty miles or more at 230+. If the castings were suspect, I would have had a problem by now.

Back when these hit the market all the guys porting Edelbrock RPMs claimed they could get similar numbers "If they max ported them". Oddly no one advertises numbers from RPMs in that range, and once the AirWolfs went away none of those guys felt the need to try and max out their port work to compete.

Then along comes the BPE heads. 205CC with a standard rocker, and to get to 220CC we are forced to an offset rocker.

Now, my engine builder, Brian at IMM, an unapologetic proponent of ported Edelbrocks, told me with a smile, "Those Airwolfs don't flow quite as well as Bryce claimed", but he didn't give me numbers. Then when I was asking Rod Bloomer face to face on DW this year why he didn't make the intake port bigger on the standard rocker head, he smiled and said "Billy, I've flowed one of those AirWolfs on my own bench, and they aren't as good as Bryce claimed", once again, no numbers.

Bottom line, I got 615 HP @ 6600 rpm on 428 inches with a 600 lift flat tappet cam. Most guys with Edelbrock RPMs at that level are running a roller cam, which adds considerable expense to the build.

I considered Indy 360-1s for my build, but wanted to avoid the offset rocker, also I kept getting reports from racers who were using the 245 CNC versions that were leaking water.

I re-used the same set of Crane gold rockers that were on my car when I bought it and have had zero issues, my friend with W-2s and a roller had to send his intake rockers back to T&D for a rebuild after only two Drag Weeks, that is one example of why I'm trying to avoid offset rockers and a roller cam.

Back to general "Clearing the Air".
The Edelbrock RPMs are very versatile, popular, and durable castings with a great reputation. They usually bring 75-80% of retail on the used market, and the few that hit the market are gone quick, so that should be a consideration.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines