Originally Posted By B3422W5
Originally Posted By EV2Bird
Id say maybe the point is, putting rods heads on a build like this would be like putting 360-1s on a mild cammed 318, its just not a good match.

Id think Rods heads would give some of the 360-1s a run for the money, so would you recommend 360-1s on this build here to run 12-s? At probably over 3k delivered?

If the improvement deal is that big of a factor, just jump to the new victors, where do you stop? For that matter dump the la and goto the new hemi, again where does it stop?

And really low 10-s, high 9-s is not a hard task with the eddies, folks have been doing it for years, clearly not ootb though.

Get the op what he needs here, not the buy my mopar friends heads. Rods heads will sell on there own to the right market if the testing and semi long term use pan out.

It's not like you couldnt run 12's with that better head as well. While still using all your same rocker gear , intake, etc. then have room to grow down the line , as most do.
Guess I just think more deeply about this. Say you get the eddies, fix them up and install them..... down the road you havee to tear the top of the motor off it you want them ported..... time, labor, gaskets, etc. get the ones Rod sells they never have to come off once installed. Just do it right, do it once. Every day they are on there they are a better head

How about the guys on a budget, just happy getting to the track a few time a month, or year. My budget has gone up a little over the years but i sure had a lot of FUN running 11's and 12's instead of having the car sit unused because I had a pretty set of heads on the shelf. What heads are on your car now??? Heck I finally bought my first set of aluminum heads in 2000 while going through a divorce. So I had about 25 years of running stock cast iron junk. LOL. I wish Tim Bowman would step in and tell us about the cast iron magnum heads. I ran my fingers through a set of those at his house and fell in love with the short turn. Those dog-gone heads will work.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time