We have been running E85 for the last two years in our dragster. I bought a QF E85 dominator and it has been a lot of trial and error to make it work, but for now it seems to run ok with our low compression 440. We actually ran out of supplies for pump E85 here and switched to Vp and then Torco E85. Cost is about double the pump stuff. BUt the car did pick up with those fuels over pump swill, like a lot. .1-.15 over pump stuff. My understanding is the pump stuff does not get the best grade of gasoline to begin with whereas the stuff from Torco or VP gets a better gasoline base fuel. All I know is it flat out runs faster. The other suggestions here are valid. When we ran straight pump E85 starting the car when the ambiet was cold was an issue. At the Turkey race we ended up using straight pump gas to start in the am, on the Torco or Vp that is not an issue. Definitely don't start it unless you can get the oil warm. We also never drain the fuel and since switching away from pump have never had an issue. We did have it gum up once when it was on pump swill after sitting for an extended period.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"