Originally Posted By SpareParts
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Aint nothing but a thing to MAKE it 2800 or less..........LOL!!!

I wish it was that easy, as it sits with 5 gallons of fuel and a full 10lb bottlet and me I'm 3320. Narrower rear end should lose some weight. Thinking about a glass hood and bumpers but idk
The thing is...it IS just that easy. I didn't say free or even cheap, but it IS easy. I am not picking on you here, but seriously, how do you even MAKE a small block A-body that is supposed to be a race car THAT heavy.

I have mentioned this several times, but my GTX, with an iron Mega-block with alum heads, me and two nitrous bottles was 3200 ready to race and I had to add some ballast to get there. No gutted race car either. All factory floor pans with steel tubs and full factory rails. 12 point cage. Ladder bar coilover rear, coilovers on the front with a rack. All steel except for hood, chrome bumpers, all factory glass and even had a back seat. I was likely 180 when I last raced that car, so that means the car was basically 3000 ready to race with a bit of ballast. So the weights that guys say their cars are simply blows my mind. Not sure how you even make something that is supposed to be a race car as heavy as some claim