Originally Posted By B3RE
Hey Greg,

Sorry to hear about all the issues. I realize you were supposed to have pushrod oiling, but the spray bars should be adequate, if there is enough oil volume. Do you know the spray hole size and quantity, and the restrictor size feeding the head?

I had a problem with number 1 and number 2 intake rockers on a Hemi not getting enough oil from the spray bar and it was turning the roller and valve tip blue from heat. When I calculated the total area of the spray bar holes, and compared them to the restrictor, they were exactly the same. Considering that pressure will drop over distance, it didn't have enough volume to maintain pressure at the furthest point from the source, so it just dribbled oil and didn't actually spray. I'm going to assume your spray bars are fed from the rear of the block, so numbers 1 and 2 are furthest from the source, and may need a little more volume to get a good spray on the adjusters. It's worth a look.
Mike, I think you have something there. I restricted those fittings on the outside of the valve covers a long time ago because I have always run pushrod oiling as well, and that may well be why there was no problem until now when I went to the Isky roller lifters. There is no large hole next to the oil galley area like the Comp lifters.

Last edited by gregsdart; 09/12/16 11:56 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky