Originally Posted By Supercuda
Originally Posted By cnxt
If you do the amp bypass, run a large wire directly from alternator to battery relay, you won't have to worry about the stock wiring carrying the load.

Battery relay?

You realize that all electrical loads are, by design, supported by the alternator when the engine is running. All your "trick" does is feed the battery direct, everything else still pulls off the stock wiring and now you've severely increased the load on the wiring from the battery to the fuse box. Prior to your "trick" that load came from the alternator output to the fuse box. This is a poorly thought out "cure" for a problem that shouldn't exist.

I guess the success of the "trick" varies by how you wire in a relay. Pretty simple to wire a relay in so the relay charges the battery and the fusebox only carries the rest of the load.

Personally, I don't use a relay - pretty easy to get the same results without using a $30-40 relay. You simply split the alt output to feed both the battery and fuse block, not the battery through the bulkhead and back out.

And I agree - the problem shouldn't exist - pretty stupid for Mopar to charge the battery through 2 bulkhead connectors and interior wiring.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........