As far as the comments about NOT putting up money before you get your "custom ordered" block........well, if you don't, you won't be getting a block from ANYBODY. I have ordered blocks from INDY, Brodix, Donovan and others. Just ONE slight variation from anything considered "standard" and you pay for the block up front. It's just how it is.

Just like the custom Donovan I have here. Oddball deck height, Wayne County bolt pattern, raised 60mm cam tunnel and custom lifter locations. What block company in their right mind would build an oddball monstrosity like that, without payment upfront. Any and I mean ANY variation from stock production is considered custom and you will be required to pay up front [/quote]

Well Monte, I have never ordered an aftermarket block with all of the bells and whistles you are talking about here. But I have ordered a block with a raised cam location, and push rod oiling. There was no money up front until the block was ready to ship. And it did! And it came only needing the typical machine work expected.

I'm in the situation now that I'm so afraid to hurt my block because I wont be able to replace it, that every little thing has me gun shy.

I have never called a place like Sunset Racecraft or Sunset Engines, but as I said earlier, if I am able to sell my Mopar stuff, I will. And I would be willing to bet they charge you when it's ready to ship. I would just order one of their "off the shelf" models as you said, I just want to be able to race and know there are replacement parts.

So if one of you bleed Mopar guys wants an honest a 1100-1220 HP Mopar Predator deal, step up to the plate.