Originally Posted By RichL1967
Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Agreed, the SSBC front disc set is a collection of mismatched parts not properly sized/tested, I'd toss the booster and master set up for factory Mopar related pieces, the calipers/rotors are usable

On further reflection this might be a better way to go. Just ditch the power brakes (master and booster) for manual. If I do that will I just have to replace the master cylinder? And if so, which one would you use? While retaining the SSBC kit calipers and rotors. I'd rather not have to put a vacuum pump on there.

5-7" of vacuum in gear isn't going to cut it with an automatic, you need a minimum of 12 inches/vac for repeated braking, and the booster/engine to recover, a manual transmission can get by with 9" vac, as the engine recovers more quickly because you clutch when braking and the rpm's increase because of no load on the motor when using a power brake system, a pump and reserve canister could be incorporated to boost the brake booster, you could hide it inside the front fender behind the headlight bucket, and the reserve canister under the battery tray so that just some vacuum lines are present in the engine compartment

If you want to go with a manual master, I'd suggest a 1972 Mopar (Barracuda) application M1523 has a 1 1/32 bore is intended for MANUAL DISC BRAKES, you can find M1523 from a Duralast dealer like Autozone/Advance Auto and you can probably use a lot of your original pedal linkage/firewall plate parts to install it

hope this helps
Mike