The car is a 71 Charger that originally came with non-assist drum brakes with dual reservoir master. I bought the Front disk brake conversion kit from Summit made by SSBC.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ssb-a156-1/overview/year/1971/make/dodge/model/charger

It came with the booster, master cylinder, adjustable rod, a front/back bias valve, and the brackets and calipers.

My problem is that the pedal is soft almost all the way down, then very hard. I have to push very hard to stop. Its like there is nothing, then everything. I bench bled the master twice. I bled the system 3 times. I checked the rod length. I put a vac gauge on the booster line and have 17in of vacuum. Here's the thing, This only happens when the car is running. When its not running the pedal is like it should be when it is running and the brakes engage with very little pressure. The supplied bias valve is installed after the brass block in the rear line, like its supposed to be. Its using the original brake brass distribution block but according to the kit, you do use it. help

What do you think I should try next?

Thanks

Common sense and caution are factors which cannot be built into any product. These must be supplied by the operator.