Originally Posted By jbc426
Originally Posted By Mopar Guy
Originally Posted By jbc426
Perhaps there's a bit of a communication barrier between our posts regarding my statement. Opening all six barrels without a bog, hesitation or mis-fire at low rpm is not the issue. With the help of a wideband, I'm pretty confident my tune is pretty sharp at this point with the motor cranking out a respectable power curve beginning with over 500ft lbs of torque at 2000 rpm and culminating in 715 hp at 5500rpm. The drivability is excellent as well, especially with a Passon 5 speed and 3.73's.

In my comment about knowing how to drive them, I was referring to the concept of a driver keeping the velocity through the venturies at the maximum rate. Obviously, it varies depending on engine rpm and throttle blade positioning. You must be aware of this, and it's affect on power output during an rpm increasing throttle event. If the driver's ability to vary air velocity through the carbs isn't an issue, especially at low rpm, then why not adjust the progressive linkage to have all 3 carbs open at once?

John one of the resone you dont open al 3 carbs in a lockt linkage is fuel consumtion but if you recurved the carb i gues you could but thats the resone there is a progresive linkage in a normal multipel carb system shruggy regarding your statement on that the BG six pack set flowing less than the original or 82-83 carbs you are wrong if you put al 3 carbs together and compare becas the BG will out flow both sets but for some resone BG state there flow rate wet and Holley dry up mabee you have a to lean fuel curve on fast throttel opening or your retracted electrode on your sparkplugs dont like the low rpm or maybe you runners in the intake are to big for low rpm flow !? a stroket b&rb block almost always responds positive to more fuel and i stay away from rectrakted plugs on street and strip engine becas they only work great on hi reving engines wave if you realy whant max power out of the engine you need to race against the clock on the strip and try to jet up or down on the strip regardles of what the wideband say !

You are still missing my point. You are obviously well-informed. It's all good. My tune is fine.

If you say 3 - 250cfm rated BG carbs flow more at 3" of vacuum than the three Holley's 960 cfm rated do at the 4-barrel rated measurement of 3" of vacuum; I'm not going to argue with you about that. You might have better measuring equipment than BG or Holley.

However you came up with your flow ratings, the physical size of the throttle openings are in the BG's, are physically smaller, which is what I originally said. I understand that you believe they flow more, and you could very well be right. But, we are continuing to have some sort of communication issue, which is ok. It sounds like you are having great success with whatever it is you are doing, and I always enjoy hearing about Mopars being hot rodded in other countries.

John im gona try to explain this one last time then i give up !

Barry Grant mesiure and rate there wet flow and Holley mesiure there rate dry flow ! There is a hughe differens in numbers as if you rate the flow wet the numbers falls down compared to dry flow as Holley do so the numbers you are refering to if they are corekt (250cfm) is a wet flow !

I can reashore you that i do know what im doing and have been doing for the past 15 years on race car engines in development and inproving them.